CDL Driver - Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership by setting an example, being a team-leader and engaging employees.
- Collaborate with drivers to identify solutions for routing and pick up time issues.
- Provides support and assistance to MCOs in performance of their daily duties in order to maintain safe efficient and reliable transit system.
- Assists in resolving daily scheduling conflicts, call offs and shift changes as required. Find solutions for route coverage in collaboration with dispatch.
- Assist the Director of Operations in investigating and resolving customer complaints.
- Assists in supervising personnel which may include recommendations for performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Coordinates with the garage for maintenance and repair of vehicles; monitors status of work orders.
- Nurture a culture of safety and responsibility amongst all employees.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing additional tasks and assignments as needed.
- Comply with all applicable government regulations, policies, and standards as well as all Company administrative policies, procedures, and safety rules in all business activities.
- Document the daily service operations, vehicle maintenance, and passenger counts; assist with the management of general payroll functions not limited to ensuring accurate timecard completion; report to management workplace policy violations, injuries, and conduct that would otherwise be considered correctable behavior.
- Verify that drivers complete the following documents and report to management noncompliance.
- Verify that driver logs are accurate and submitted daily.
- Maintenance issues are addressed.
- Bus check out sheets are noted for new damage with proper investigation ensuing.
- Work Order complete with all times, mileages, passenger counts, and signatures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to analyze information, make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and lead an ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with subordinates and management.
- Ability to be a team player, motivate and work well under pressure
- Conduct the business of company with the highest ethics and level of integrity
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Strong communication skills in writing and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be at least 25 years of age and speak/read/write in English.
- Possess a Current Commercial Driver’s License, Class “A” or “B”, with “P” Endorsement, as well as an “Airbrake” endorsement.
- Possess a Current DOT medical card.
- MVR meets the standards per company and insurance requirements.
- CDL Class A or B, 1 year of driving experience in the past 5 years.
- Motor Coach Operation (MCO)- six months experience in the last 5 years.
- Have no more than 2 tickets/minor violations or preventable accidents in the past 3 years, or no more than 3 tickets/accidents in the past 5 years.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and Human Performance Evaluation (agility/ Lift testing)
- Successfully pass a pre-employment road test.
- Successfully pass a 7- year criminal background check.
- Be able to operate a Motor Coach in interstate commerce, in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with Federal, state, and local jurisdiction, and as required by company policy.
- $1500 Sign on Bonus for Full-Time employees.
- $500 Referral Bonus for employees.
- Paid Time Off (Start accruing immediately).
- 8 paid Holidays
- Health insurance (Eligibility the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment)
- 401K retirement plan with dollar for dollar match up to 4% (Vested Immediately).
- Paid Bi-Weekly (Every Wednesday)
- OT Eligible
- Top of the line equipment.
Ace is part of All Aboard America! Holdings, Inc. which is the 3rd largest motorcoach company in the US. We offer a wide range of transportation options including, charter, transit, contract and convention shuttle service. Our commitment to outstanding customer service, safety, as well as having a state-of-the-art equipment make us one of the most elite transportation companies around. Our family-like, open door work environment gives you the opportunity to be a part of a greater purpose. If you love to drive (while getting paid for it), WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Starting at $20.00/hr.
Ace Express Coaches is looking for a Full Time Driver Supervisor. The Driver Supervisor’s primary responsibility will be to supervise other drivers. May be required to drive routes as a fill in as needed. Will have rotating schedule and will operate out of the United Airlines Training center in Denver.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide leadership by setting an example, being a team-leader and engaging employees
Nurture a culture of safety and responsibility amoungst all employees
Train drivers in roles and responsibilities regarding logistic strategies
Regularly audit routes and conduct weekly/monthly/quarterly feedback sessions with driver
Collaborate with drivers in identifying solutions for routing, customer service, accounting and delivery time issues
Forecast driver and routing needs to assist for holidays and special events to avoid any disruption to the normal delivery schedule
Assist Safety department in conducting thorough accident investigations for all driver related accidents
Enforce policies and procedures for product delivery (truck cleanliness, temperature and service)
Perform other duties and projects as needed
Ability to take and follow direction
Ability to analyze information, make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and lead an ever-changing work environment
Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with subordinates and management
Ability to be a team player, motivate and work well under pressure
Conduct the business of company with the highest ethics and level of integrity
Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills
Strong communication skills in writing and verbal
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Have a “glass is half full” mentality, with a passion for serving others
Be at least 23 years of age
Possess a Current Commercial Driver's License, Class "A" or “B”, with "P" Endorsement
2 years of commercial driving experience (preferred)
Have a clean MVR and a current DOT Medical card with accompanying long form.
Pass a pre-employment drug screen and Human Performance Evaluation (agility/fit testing)
Successfully pass a background check
Be able to operate a 14 Passenger Mini Bus in interstate commerce, in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with federal, state, and local jurisdiction, and as required by company policy
$1500 Sign-On Bonus
Employee Referral Program
Monthly and Quarterly Safety Bonuses- (Up $2800 annually)
Paid Time Off (start accruing immediately)
Health insurance eligibility the first of the month after 30 days
401(K) retirement plan with company dollar for dollar match up to 4%--Vested immediately!
Paid Holidays for FT employees
Flexibility – We work with you to choose the route type that is best for you!