Diesel Mechanic B Tech
Ace Express Coaches is reputable Denver-based bus company looking for experienced Full-Time Diesel Mechanics (B Level Techs) to join our growing, safety- focused company. We offer great pay, benefits, and growth opportunities!
- Swing shift Monday - Friday, 4am-1230am
- Night shift Monday - Friday, 10pm-630am
- Weekends Friday - Monday, 5am-4pm
What We Offer:
- Great Pay! $26 - $30 per/hour
- $2 per/hour night differential pay
- $2800 Sign on Bonus for full-time employees.
- $750 Referral Bonus for employees.
- Tool allowance - $1200 per/year for the term of employment
- Boot Allowance
- Paid Time Off (Start accruing immediately)
- 8 Paid Holidays.
- Health insurance (Eligibility the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment)Medical
- 401K retirement plan with dollar for dollar match up to 4% (Vested Immediately).
- Paid Bi-Weekly
- Maintaining a working knowledge of motorcoach components.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, air conditioning, axles and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Test drive repaired motor coaches to verify repairs completed.
- Read and understand repair orders and perform work on mini-buses and motor coaches with efficiency and accuracy.
- Secure needed parts in order to make necessary repairs when needed.
- 3-5 years relevant experience with diesel engines, air brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive trains, troubleshooting etc.
- Have a working knowledge of diesel products.
- Understands technical issues and can use previous experiences to solve technical problems.
- Practiced documentation skills.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Has excellent attendance and completes quality work on time.
- Conscientiously and methodically approaches work.
- Knowledge of DOT out of service criteria
- Understanding of electrical systems, ability of read and understand electrical schematics
- Knowledge of AC systems and repairs
- Post high school education Graduation from a technical school with emphasis on diesel engine preferred
- Satisfactory Pre-employment drug screening and DOT physical required.
- Required to furnish a complete set of hand tools.
- Possesses a valid Colorado State Driver’s license, preferably with a Class A or B CDL or be able to obtain a CDL within 90 days
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
The individual will perform physically demanding work during his or her shift. The individual may stand over eight hours per day, lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds, and potentially be exposed to dust, hazardous materials, non-hazardous materials, paint and exhaust fumes. Utilization of protective equipment is mandatory. Must be dependable, self-motivated, able to work independently and as a team member.
$26 - $28 per/hour
$2 per/hour night differential
$26 - $28 per/hour
$2 per/hour night differential
About Our Company:
ACE Express Coaches (ACE) is Colorado's premier passenger transportation company with one of the largest fleets in the state. ACE is part of CDOT public transit network, fully responsible for the operations of Bustang, Outrider, and Pegasus fleets. ACE, also, provides transportation services to United Airlines Pilots to the flight training center as well as a wide range of universities, high schools, and pro sports teams. ACE Express Coaches is part of All Aboard America! Holdings (AAAHI), the 4th largest motorcoach company in the US, with a network of independent brands from California to the Gulf Coast. Our humble roots have taught us that anything is possible if we collaborate, think strategically, challenge prevailing assumptions, make no excuses, never give in against the odds and embrace a strong work ethic with unwavering integrity, and an unabashed desire to be great.
At Ace Express Coaches, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Similarly, Ace Express Coaches will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to improve on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!